Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sweet Treats Workshop

I had some Happy Halloween Fun today at Barb's...aka Snowmanlover. She hosted a Sweet Treats workshop at her home and showed us how to make some Halloween goodies. The newest and "hottest" thing out there right now are these sweet treat cups! Aren't they just adorable?! We made Halloween cards using these cups and put candy corn inside. Barb even showed us a cute little technique to allow access to the candy without tearing up the card...how cleaver is that!

You HAVE got to visit her blog (click here) to see all the wonderful cards she has made using the sweet treat cups. This is definitely a MUST HAVE!! And for those of you who are new to card making...you can't go wrong with this...simple and fun to make! Barb is such a joy to know, extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and just the sweetest person ever!

Close up of stamped image & sweet treats cup
Side view of sweet treats cup

Decorated Candy Bar Treat
Close up of stamped Halloween images

We also made these cute little "Lollipops"

It was such a pleasure getting to meet a few more MB ladies today. It's always fun to chat with others who share the same hobby and I look forward to seeing them again. Thank you Barb for the FUN day! =)

4 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Very cute! I live in Bedford. Will have to join you guys sometime!

Magoo said...

oh my gosh! those are fantastic! I especially love those lolly pops :) HOw did you do that?? those are just the best stamps....I am so jealous that i don't live close to you guys.... I would LOVE to have been there :) Glad you guys had lots of fun~I agree Barb is the sweetest and so are you!! :)

Snowmanlover said...

Yvette, wow, thank you for such kind words! I really appreciate it. So glad you had fun at my house. I love having you. You did a great job on your "assignments"!! I posted photos of the group on my blog today and will show the projects later.
Hope to see you at next month's workshop!!! Barb
aka snowmanlover!

Sandy said...

These are just the cutest things...I esp love the treat cup....we have over 40 students in our program and this would be so much fun to give them....thanx for the insiration!