Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Mini Treat Boxes

 Halloween Mini Treat Boxes: Frankenstein, Jack O Lantern, Bat & Mummy
 I decided to go with a smaller box this year for the kiddos. One that would hold a small can of play doh and a small bag of candy corn.
 The ghost stamp is from Stampin Up along with the scalloped punch.
 I took an 8-1/2 by 11 inch sheet of cardstock and cut it in half. Then scored at 2, 4, 6 & 8 inches - turned the paper and scored again at 2 inches. I used double sided sticky tape to adhere the side and bottom of the box. I cut a 2 inch strip of cardstock and tore by hand to make the strips. Be sure to ink the edges to give the mummy a better look. I decided to use ribbon for the handle.
 I used the Spider Web cuttlebug folder to emboss the wings on the bat and adhered the wings to the back of the box.
 I used brown ink to ink the edges of the box and created a stem for the pumpkin. The ribbon used in all these boxes are from Stampin Up.
I used a scalloped edge punch for Frankenstein's hair and used dimensionals on the eye lids to pop them up a bit. I also inked the edges of the box to give it a more finished look. 

Happy Halloween!!

No comments: